Do you have trouble falling asleep? Perhaps you suffer from insomnia or other sleep disorders that don’t allow you to sleep correctly at night? Before choosing medical remedies, such as sleeping pills or anxiolytics, let's take a look at the best food supplements to choose to find restful sleep.
Sleep and relaxation: why would you try sleep supplements?
According to INSERM (the French National Institute of health), sleep disorders affect one-third of the population. Several scientific studies have shown that the quality of our sleep can have harmful consequences on our health and daily life.
The quality of sleep depends on several causes
Fatigue, drowsiness, mood disorders, or issues to focus on are all factors that show a lack of sleep. To fight effectively against insomnia, it is necessary to understand the causes:
- Stress, anxiety
- Environment (excessive heat, lack of ventilation, neighborhood noise, poor bedding, etc.)
- Lifestyle (smoking, diet, work schedule, etc.)
There can be a lot of causes, and it is not always right to use medication to sleep better.
The benefits of food supplements
In case you face rough nights or if you have difficulties falling asleep, some food supplements can be an excellent alternative to feel relaxed and to sleep well. Unlike sleeping pills, a food supplement does not have a therapeutic action. It contains sedative substances, combined with plants. Which will help you to sleep and extend the sleeping time. The advantage is that it does not create any addiction.
A poor lifestyle and stress are often linked to sleep disorders, you may lack vitamins and minerals. Taking food supplements will make up for this deficiency, which is essential for the body.
Focus on the best food supplements to sleep well
To deal with insomnia and get quality sleep, you will have understood, food supplements can be excellent compromises. But what are the best sleep supplements to choose when you have trouble falling asleep?
Melatonin in case of jet lag or difficulty falling asleep
Called the sleep hormone, it is produced by the pineal gland. Its main role is to regulate our sleep cycle to fall asleep easier. It’s known to reduce the harmful effects of jet lag and to make you stay asleep at night.
Amino acids to reduce stress and regulate sleep
To help you get peaceful nights, two amino acids are often used in food sleep supplements.
- Tryptophan: necessary to the body, it is involved in the production of serotonin, which influences our moods. Also, it is linked to depressive disorders.
- L-Theanine: it impacts the quality of sleep: its role is to relax you before sleeping. It also reduces the feeling of persistent fatigue and provides many benefits to the brain. Present in tea leaves, this amino acid is also a powerful antioxidant.
Magnesium balances the nervous system
Many scientific studies have shown that this trace element has a relaxing effect on our nervous system. Magnesium deficiencies would have consequences on our sleep, so it is recommended to take regular cures in case of intense fatigue. Anxiety, numbness, eyelid spasm are signs that should warn you.
Plants with soothing effect
In case of stress and sleep disorders, choosing food supplements containing plants will for sure help you. Here are some plants that can solve this issue :
- Eschscholtzia, also called "California poppy", has been acknowledged to decrease the awakenings at night and to extend the time of sleep.
- Lemon balm, known since ancient times for its relaxing attributes. It lowers anxiety and facilitates sleep.
- Valerian is a plant with soothing effects. Perfect to deal with nervousness, it helps you to find the sleep you need.
- The Hawthorn to end insomnia. It is used in sleep disorders for its sedative virtues. It helps to control your negative emotions, to get a deep and restful sleep.
In conclusion, having a healthy lifestyle and focus on ways to relax will help you sleep well. The best sleep supplements are those formulated with sedative substances combined with plants. For more health tips, follow us now on Instagram and Facebook.
Our last reviews
Very good 👍
Helped my son who has a very scattered sleep pattern find a better sleep routine.
These gummies are a great find. Thank you so much.
Very good product, great result. Definitely beneficial.
I needed a temporary aid for sleep and these did the job
I liked these products I will buy again it was tasty and healthy
I love these sleep gummies, they taste good and they work
Great service, great product, very helpful with getting a good nights sleep
Fast delivery and lovely packaging
The gummies taste nice and do what it says on the tin, never fail to fall asleep within 20 minutes. Would definitely recommend.
It's been years since I've felt this calm and relaxed and I even have a super stressful job.
Easy to take and delicious. They seem to be helping so far
I do believe Your products are the change. Thanks for the endorsment 👽❤️